Monday 31 December 2012

2013 A YEAR OF QUIET OPTIMISM & POSITIVITY


Greetings all & welcome to my first blog post of 2013 - i must confess i started writing this post in the small hours of new years eve...Anyway its now 2013 as you read and i'm guessing most of you will be nursing hangovers from hell...You'll get no sympathy from me, been there, drunk the barrel dry and suffered the self same thing on many a new years day...However i do hope you had a great night seeing in the new year and like myself your heart and mind is filled with aspirations for the coming months.

As you can see above i've chosen a photograph i took some months ago to head this post...i just feel its a perfect way to look towards new horizons while keeping the lessons learned in 2012 and looking out to the new year and horizons only God truly knows are in store for us...I also know many of you reading have no connection with God and i won't be bible bashing or preaching what you should or shouldn't think..All i know is i truly believe in God and i know God is in my heart and mind for the rest of my days and i give thanks and prayers for all that God is to me.


So as we ease into our new year i'd like to express my sincerest thanks to all those i've met and made friends with during 2012 as well as thanking those who've been on this journey with me since the day i was born..I hope and pray you'll all stick with me as i continue my journey though life in 2013 as i'll try my very best to do the same for you...Yes there will be crossed words fallings out and differences..Thats life and sometimes in life these things cannot be repaired...its very rare for adults to fall out for life but it does happen and it happens over the silliest of things that in the big scale of things in life are pointless and petty...Lets hope there's as little as possible of this in the coming months...Best just step back, forgive, forget and move on together as one.....HE SAYS LOL - No seriously i do try my best when issues like this land on my plate...Its never easy to submit when you're as stubborn and outspoken as me, but given time i buckle and unless its something that has hurt me deeply or one of my loved ones you can safely say you're on an even keel with me and forgiveness will come with a smile and a kind word.


Now onto family matters & firstly i'd like to dedicate the above song to my wife Jayne who has been a constant source of strength to me and our daughter...She truly is an amazing woman and someone i wouldn't swap for anything or anybody on this earth and i honestly and truly mean that...We've had our ups and downs like most couples have...i confess she's driven me up the wall at times and i've thought our days together were coming to an end...However we've battled on and with the help of others and a little give and take we've become stronger..I'd say the key to our marriage and the happiness it brings is we allow each other space...We both have our own interests and we both allow each other to pursue those supporting each other along the way..Might not work for everyone but it works a treat for us...Yes we have common interests and yes we enjoy those as a couple and as a family...Nowt better in our minds than a day out up to north norfolk for fish & chips, a paddle in the sea and the joy of spending a family day together....Many challenges lie ahead for us we know, but we will face those as and when and on a personal note with my venture into the music industry i know it's going to be tough for us all at times...On the flip side of that i also know that if at any time my family are not 100% happy with what i'm doing, i'll readily put a halt to it all and pursue a different venture.....Same applies to the music business i'm taking baby steps into...If it all vanishes in front of my eyes and for instance the band i'm currently working alongside split up, its no big deal to me, i'm ready for whatever and although it may hit me hard should it come i've learned that these things do happen and there is always a fair reason behind them happening.


Time to wish each and every person who reads this blog post a truly awesome 2013 filled with much positivity love health and happiness, Coupled with the minimum amount of stress heartache distress and pain any human being deserves...Good luck to you all on your journeys through 2013 and please spare the odd pound, dollar or euro to those less fortunate in this world...every little bit does count and even if its just an hour or two doing something positive to help a charity or someone in need, please please find it in your heart to do it and do it well....That's all folks, i've nothing else to add so ill leave you with lots of POSITIVE VIBES AND HOPE THAT 2013 IS A SPECIAL YEAR FOR YOU....GOOD LUCK.






2 comments:

  1. RICHIE THIS IS GREAT AND I WISH FOR YOU ALL THAT GOD HAS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. I TOO BELIEVE THAT GOD IS LOVE AND THAT IS WHAT I TRY TO CONVEY EVERYDAY. WHILE I AM NOT PERFECT, I AM WORKING TOWARD THAT HIGH CALLING THAT I MAY INSPIRE, ENCOURAGE AND COMFORT. MUCH LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mate. Hope you and the family have a good 'un. Not sure I believe in God (although I was brought up C&E) but what I do know is that there is something... I just don't know what - yet! Mum always used to say that this is hell and she was not afraid of the here after. Reading your posts is always thought provoking. See you around in 2013...

    ReplyDelete