Thursday 12 January 2012

#HelpSaveTheBloaters


HELP SAVE THE BLOATERS...

I've been called football crazy many times in my lifetime and to be honest i must be, having moved to great yarmouth around 20 years ago moving from my native north east..my love of football goes way way back to the days my dad used to take me along to the victoria ground in hartlepool as a toddler, although very faint memories linger i remember my dad once telling me to tell my mam on the way home we'd beaten stockport county.






Obviously my dad has like other dads & sons had a massive influence on me loving football so much, week in week out we'd get to games at hartlepool united, sunderland, murton fc, then when we moved to belgium we'd go along to watch royal antwerp and my dads mates team (mike kear, ex forest, middlesbrough & barnsley) kv berchem sport which was our local team on the outskirts of antwerp.












Few years later we returned to the north east and often went to see middlesbrough at ayresome park..as i got a bit older i'd go along to watch dorman long fc and acklam steeworks fc..then hop over the river tees to hartlepool to see my first love hartlepool united, the home and breeding ground of true passionate support..



So i'm in great yarmouth and my local team i've supported for donkeys years is in dire straights, what can i do ? after a bit of hammer on the clubs online forum the penny dropped, no seriously it did..i got a bucket and wrote help save the bloaters on it, then cut out a badge from a match programme and stuck it on..this was now around 3am, so off i went to bed, soon to be woken by my wife jayne wondering what the hell i had planned..As i explained , she went nuts and called me crazy..i shouted back if it takes a monkeyhanger from hartlepool to save the bloaters then i'll do it..



11am myself and my daughter victoria (named after hartlepool uniteds home stadium, victoria park) and my father in law set to to raise money with the bucket a scarf and determination outside to old co-op in yarmouth market square...after mixed response and a bit of abuse 3 days passed and our campaign had caught the local media's attention.




We're now into the 2nd week of the campaign and armed with twitter , facebook and a website a team has been built to #HelpSaveTheBloaters money has been raised in a few ways, and mobile phones are set to be recycled to earn cash..By now we've been featured on the radio, in the press and with the twitter account as the main engine we've attracted world wide attention, a sponsor has now been attracted to the club, and the bloaters are safe for the short term. work must be done by the club to ensure this never happens again, its up to them now to grasp all i have done to pave the way and inspire..




Great Yarmouth Town FC the ball is now in your court..embrace me, embrace loyal fans and we will help you to prosper and rise from a very close call..my belly is full of fire again after a minor setback and upset, no thanks to those who forgot their manners (I HATE BAD MANNERS) but i'm ready to rumble because i'm football crazy.. ARE YOU ?


No comments:

Post a Comment